Gainesville, TX October 5 - October 7, 2018
Carbine Elements Theory 2 (CET2) Course Description
Carbine Elements Theory 2 is designed to give the intermediate or advanced shooter the proper carbine fundamentals. Starting with mindset, the class focuses on the core foundation of accuracy, acceptable accuracy under dynamic stress.
Requirements: CET1 or similar.
- Life Safety Brief
- Proper gear selection and placement
- Establishing a proper zero
- 7 fundamentals (Accuracy Drills, Axis and Mechanics of Recoil)
- 3 Core Fundamentals
- Acceptable Accuracy Drills
- Balance of Speed and Accuracy
- Admin reloads / Speed reloads / Tactical reloads Check
- Transition Shoulder Shooting Drills
- Reactive Movement Drills
- Running Drills
- Instinctive Shooting and Mindset Drills
- Improvised shooting positions with Transitional Shooting Drills
Students provide their own ammo: 2000rds of carbine and 200 rounds of Handgun ammo minimum.
Hardware – A functional and practical carbine or battle rifle chambered in 5.56×45, 5.45×39, 300 Blackout, 7.62×39, 7.62×51. A secondary weapon (handgun) of choice. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines.
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Ear pro (electronic preferred) / Eye pro
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Proper belt to support equipment
- Carbine magazine pouches, Battle belt, or Chest rig
- Handgun (secondary weapon), magazines
- Tools that work on your weapon
- A holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Weapons lube
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind
Dates & Locations
Important Range Host Info
Red River West, LLC – Course will be held at Red River West located at 6793 CR 411 Gainesville, TX 76240
Class will meet at the Holiday Inn Express (address below) each morning and convoy to the range. Due to the remote location GPS will NOT give correct directions to the range. Access to the range is controlled.
Contact: Debbie at 940.284.3200 Email: email@example.com
Range fee: Handgun $75/class to be paid direct to the host on the first day of class. Carbine $105/class.
Ammo restrictions: (All ammo questions should be directed to Red River West, LLC) Must be American made, Brass and copper range only by these manufacturers: Winchester, Remington, Federal, Hornady, Lawman or Black Hills. NO Steel case, steel core, XM-193, Winchester 3131A, armor piercing, incendiary, tracer, or communist block.
Call ahead to ship ammo and coordinate receiving of ammo 940.284.3200.
***Contact RRW directly for directions and address in order to ship ammo*****
Shipped ammo is to be shipped at least 2 weeks before class.
Only use UPS to ship ammo- only UPS will deliver to this location.
Water and gatorade provided on the range by the host.
Due to distance from the range to town, students are to bring their lunch.
Holiday Inn Express 320 N I-35 Gainesville, TX 76240 940.665-0505 www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/reservation (Approximately 23 miles / 35 minutes from the range. Group rate $109.99/night + tax. Call direct to hotel and ask for the Red River West discount.)
Dallas Fort Worth Airport (DFW) (Approximately 1 hr 50 minutes from the range.)
Dallas Love Field (DAL) (Approximately 2 hours from the range.)
For private planes: Gainesville Municipal Airport 2300 Bonnavilla Dr Gainesville, TX 76240 940.668.4565