Garrettsville, OH September 22 - September 24, 2020
Carbine Elements Theory 2 (CET2) Course Description
Carbine Elements Theory 2 is designed to give the intermediate or advanced shooter the proper carbine fundamentals. Starting with mindset, the class focuses on the core foundation of accuracy, acceptable accuracy under dynamic stress.
Requirements: CET1 or similar.
- Life Safety Brief
- Proper gear selection and placement
- Establishing a proper zero
- 7 fundamentals (Accuracy Drills, Axis and Mechanics of Recoil)
- 3 Core Fundamentals
- Acceptable Accuracy Drills
- Balance of Speed and Accuracy
- Admin reloads / Speed reloads / Tactical reloads Check
- Transition Shoulder Shooting Drills
- Reactive Movement Drills
- Running Drills
- Instinctive Shooting and Mindset Drills
- Improvised shooting positions with Transitional Shooting Drills
Students provide their own ammo: 2000rds of carbine and 200 rounds of Handgun ammo minimum.
Hardware – A functional and practical carbine or battle rifle chambered in 5.56×45, 5.45×39, 300 Blackout, 7.62×39, 7.62×51. A secondary weapon (handgun) of choice. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines.
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Ear pro (electronic preferred) / Eye pro
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Proper belt to support equipment
- Carbine magazine pouches, Battle belt, or Chest rig
- Handgun (secondary weapon), magazines
- Tools that work on your weapon
- A holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Weapons lube
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind
Dates & Locations
Important Range Host Info
Southington Hunt Club – Course will be held at Southington Hunt Club located at 10321 Silicia Sand Rd Garrettsville, OH 44231
Contact: Cheryl or Dale at 330.527.5706 Email: Dssouthington@aol.com
Range fee: $75/class to be paid direct to the host on the first day of class.
Ammo is available for purchase at the range. Please contact the host for details. Ammo restrictions: no tracer, no steel core, no armor piercing and black or green tip ammo.
Catered lunch will be available through the host for $14/ day (drink included)to be paid direct to the host. Contact the host directly to order 330.357.7895.
Holiday Inn Express 4185 State Rte 5 Newton Falls, OH 44444. 330.872.6000 (Approximately 7 miles/11 minutes from the range directly off the Ohio Turnpike.)
Hampton Inn/Suites 5581 Youngstown Warren Rd Niles, OH 44446. 330.652.1277 (Approximately 20 miles/25 minutes from the range)
Recommended Airport: Cleveland Hopkins or Canton Arron Airport (Each approximately 45 minutes from the range.)