Newfoundland, PA October 11 - October 13, 2024
Carbine 2 Course Description
Carbine 2 is designed to give the intermediate or advanced shooter the proper carbine fundamentals. Starting with mindset, the class focuses on the core foundation of accuracy, acceptable accuracy under dynamic stress.
Requirements: Carbine 1 or similar.
Cost: Price will be shown in cart.
- Life Safety Brief
- Proper gear selection and placement
- Establishing a proper zero
- 7 fundamentals (Accuracy Drills, Axis and Mechanics of Recoil)
- 3 Core Fundamentals
- Acceptable Accuracy Drills
- Balance of Speed and Accuracy
- Admin reloads / Speed reloads / Tactical reloads Check
- Transition Shoulder Shooting Drills
- Reactive Movement Drills
- Running Drills
- Instinctive Shooting and Mindset Drills
- Improvised shooting positions with Transitional Shooting Drills
Students provide their own ammo: 1600 rounds minimum. 1400rds of carbine and 200 rounds of Handgun ammo minimum. Multiple calibers may be used throughout this course. Drills can be modified to accommodate a lower round count.
Hardware – A functional and practical carbine or battle rifle chambered in 5.56×45, 5.45×39, 300 Blackout, 7.62×39, 7.62×51. A secondary weapon (handgun) of choice. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines.
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Ear pro (electronic preferred) / Eye pro
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Proper belt to support equipment
- Carbine magazine pouches, Battle belt, or Chest rig
- Handgun (secondary weapon), magazines
- Tools that work on your weapon
- A holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Weapons lube
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind
Dates & Locations
$785. Includes Range Fee.
Important Range Host Info
Hosted by Costa Ludus. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any course questions.
Course will be held at Double Eagle 332 RT447 Newfoundland, PA 18445
Times: 7:30AM-4PM. Arrive at house ready to start at 7:30AM first day.
Range fee included in course registration.
Lodging: Please contact the host to reserve lodging at the Lodge on the range property. NEW LINK: updated 4/24/23 https://doubleeagleoutdoors.org/
Lodging Contact For Questions: email@example.com
Wilkes-Barre and Allentown Regional Airport
Philadelphia International Airport (Approximately 2 hours from the range.)
Meals: Contact the Chef (below) for more information and pricing.
Chef Info: Chef Kris Stover
PayPal – Kstoverc280@yahoo.com
Email for questions – Chefstove@yahoo.com
Facebook – www.facebook.com/StovetopTastings