Fredericksburg, VA November 11 - November 13, 2019
Handgun Elements Theory 1 (HET1) Course Description
Handgun Elements Theory 1 is designed to give the beginner, intermediate or advanced shooter the proper handgun fundamentals. Starting with mindset, the class focuses on the core foundation of accuracy, acceptable accuracy under dynamic stress, and how to effectively balance speed and accuracy with proper weapon manipulation.
- Life Safety Brief
- Proper gear selection and placement
- Establishing a proper zero
- 7 fundamentals (Accuracy Drills, Axis and Mechanics of Recoil)
- 3 Core Fundamentals
- Acceptable Accuracy Drills
- Balance of Speed and Accuracy
- Speed reloads / Tactical reloads
- Instinctive Shooting and Mindset Drills
- Movement Drills
- Improvised shooting positions
Students provide their own ammo: 2000rds Handgun ammo minimum.
Hardware – A functional and practical handgun chambered in 9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Single stack drivers should have double.
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Ear pro (electronic preferred) / Eye pro
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Proper belt to support equipment
- Pistol magazine pouches (Optional: Battle belt, or Chest rig)
- Tools that work on your weapon
- A holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Weapons lube
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind
Dates & Locations
Austin, TX February 10 - February 12, 2020
Important Range Host Info
John Miller of SpartanCore Industries, LLC- Course will be held at Blue Ridge Arsenal located at 14725 Flint Lee Rd Chantilly, VA 20151
Contact: John at 540-322-7563 Email: email@example.com
Range fee: $75/ 3-day class to be paid direct to the host the first day of class (includes lunch).
Meals: Lunch package is included in the range fee. Contact the host for more information.
Recommended Lodging: Holiday Inn & Suites 4335 Chantilly Shopping Ctr Chantilly, VA 20151, (703) 815-6060 (1.3 miles from the range)
Dulles International Airport (Approximately 8.3 miles from the range.)
**This range and lodging is different that CET1 in VA
$800 – includes range fee.
Important Range Host Info
The Range At Austin- Course will be held at The Range At Austin 8301 S. Interstate 35 Austin, TX 78744
Class will meet at the range each morning at 0745.
Contact: Jeff at 737.802.3713 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org