Garrettsville, OH September 16 - September 18, 2021
Handgun Elements Theory 2 (HET2) Course Description
Handgun Elements Theory 2 is designed to give the intermediate or advanced shooter the proper handgun fundamentals. Starting with mindset, the class focuses on the core foundation of accuracy, acceptable accuracy under dynamic stress.
Requirements: HET1 or similar course.
- Life Safety Brief
- Proper gear selection and placement
- Establishing a proper zero
- 7 fundamentals (Accuracy Drills, Axis and Mechanics of Recoil)
- 3 Core Fundamentals
- Acceptable Accuracy Drills
- CCW considerations
- Balance of Speed and Accuracy
- Speed reloads / Tactical reloads
- Instinctive Shooting and Mindset Drills
- Movement Drills
- Improvised shooting positions
- Weapon Hand / Reaction Hand Malfunctions
- Weapon Hand / Reaction Hand Shooting Drills
- Reactive Movement Drills
- Running Drills
- Reactive Movement Drills around others
Students provide their own ammo: 1400 rounds minimum. Multiple calibers may be used throughout this course. Drills can be modified to accommodate a lower round count.
Hardware – A functional and practical handgun chambered in 9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Single stack drivers should have double.
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Ear pro (electronic preferred) / Eye pro
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Proper belt to support equipment
- Tools that work on your weapon
- A holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Weapons lube
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind
Dates & Locations
Important Range Host Info
Southington Hunt Club – Course will be held at Southington Hunt Club located at 10321 Silicia Sand Rd Garrettsville, OH 44231
Contact: Matt Stiner: 330.207.5847 or Cheryl Tieche: 330.357.7895
Range fee: $75/class to be paid direct to the host on the first day of class.
Ammo restrictions: no tracer, no steel core, no armor piercing and black or green tip ammo. Please contact the host for details.
Catered lunch will be available through the host for $14/ day (drink included)to be paid direct to the host. Contact the host directly to order 330.357.7895.
Holiday Inn Express 4185 State Rte 5 Newton Falls, OH 44444. 330.872.6000 (Approximately 7 miles/11 minutes from the range directly off the Ohio Turnpike.)
Hampton Inn/Suites 5581 Youngstown Warren Rd Niles, OH 44446. 330.652.1277 (Approximately 20 miles/25 minutes from the range)
Recommended Airport: Cleveland Hopkins or Canton Arron Airport (Each approximately 45 minutes from the range.)