Great Meadows, NJ August 31 - September 2, 2018
Handgun Elements Theory 2 (HET2) Course Description
Handgun Elements Theory 2 is designed to give the intermediate or advanced shooter the proper handgun fundamentals. Starting with mindset, the class focuses on the core foundation of accuracy, acceptable accuracy under dynamic stress.
Requirements: HET1 or similar course.
- Life Safety Brief
- Proper gear selection and placement
- Establishing a proper zero
- 7 fundamentals (Accuracy Drills, Axis and Mechanics of Recoil)
- 3 Core Fundamentals
- Acceptable Accuracy Drills
- CCW considerations
- Balance of Speed and Accuracy
- Speed reloads / Tactical reloads
- Instinctive Shooting and Mindset Drills
- Movement Drills
- Improvised shooting positions
- Weapon Hand / Reaction Hand Malfunctions
- Weapon Hand / Reaction Hand Shooting Drills
- Reactive Movement Drills
- Running Drills
- Reactive Movement Drills around others
Students provide their own ammo: 2000rds Handgun ammo minimum.
Hardware – A functional and practical handgun chambered in 9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Single stack drivers should have double.
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Ear pro (electronic preferred) / Eye pro
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Proper belt to support equipment
- Carbine magazine pouches, Battle belt, or Chest rig
- Handgun (secondary weapon), magazines
- Tools that work on your weapon
- A holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Weapons lube
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind
Dates & Locations
Important Range Host Info
Joe Savio (GST) – Course will be held at Cobra One Tactical located at 330 US Hwy 46 Great Meadows, NJ
Contact: Joe at 732.245.7844 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Range fee: $55/ 3-day class to be paid direct to the host the first day of class.
Meals: Lunch package is available at the range for $10/person per day. Contact the host for more information.
Various lodging available in Great Meadows, NJ area.
Best Western Home Place Inn 170 Highway 641 North Camden, TN 38320 866.238.4218 (Ask for the Tactical Response discount. Approximately 10 minutes from the range.)
Newark International Airport (Approximately 55 miles from the range.)