Shotgun Elements Theory (SET) Course Description
Shotgun Elements Theory is designed to give the beginner, intermediate or advanced shooter the proper Shotgun fundamentals. Starting with mindset, the class focuses on the core foundation of proper manipulation and function of shotgun employment to include the use of Slugs, 00Buck patterning, and ammo change overs. This course will leave the shooter with a proper shotgun foundation in manipulation.
- Life Safety Brief
- Proper gear selection and placement
- Establishing a proper Zero with shotgun and ammo types
- 7 fundamentals (Accuracy Drills, Axis and Mechanics of Recoil)
- OO Buck Pattering and distance
- Combat reloads / Speed reloads
- Dynamic Positional Shooting Methods
- Cruiser Safe / Ready
- Ammo Change Overs
- Improvised Shooting Positions Movement Drills
- Reactive Movement Drills
Students provide their own ammo: 500 rounds Bird, 100 rounds Slugs, 100 rounds 00Buck.
Hardware – A functional and practical shotgun Pump or Semi Auto chambered in 12 or 20 gauge. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Ear pro (electronic preferred) / Eye pro
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Proper belt to support equipment
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must.
- Handgun (optional secondary weapon)
- 150 rounds handgun ammo (for optional secondary weapon)
- Battle belt (optional), or Chest rig (optional)
- Tools that work on your weapon
- A holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Weapons lube
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind
Contact us to host a class.