Linden, CA December 6 - December 8, 2019
Shotgun Elements Theory (SET) Course Description
Shotgun Elements Theory is designed to give the beginner, intermediate or advanced shooter the proper Shotgun fundamentals. Starting with mindset, the class focuses on the core foundation of proper manipulation and function of shotgun employment to include the use of Slugs, 00Buck patterning, and ammo change overs. This course will leave the shooter with a proper shotgun foundation in manipulation.
- Life Safety Brief
- Proper gear selection and placement
- Establishing a proper Zero with shotgun and ammo types
- 7 fundamentals (Accuracy Drills, Axis and Mechanics of Recoil)
- OO Buck Pattering and distance
- Combat reloads / Speed reloads
- Dynamic Positional Shooting Methods
- Cruiser Safe / Ready
- Ammo Change Overs
- Improvised Shooting Positions Movement Drills
- Reactive Movement Drills
Students provide their own ammo: 500 rounds Bird, 100 rounds Slugs, 100 rounds 00Buck.
Hardware – A functional and practical shotgun Pump or Semi Auto chambered in 12 or 20 gauge. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Ear pro (electronic preferred) / Eye pro
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Proper belt to support equipment
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must.
- Handgun (optional secondary weapon)
- 150 rounds handgun ammo (for optional secondary weapon)
- Battle belt (optional), or Chest rig (optional)
- Tools that work on your weapon
- A holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Weapons lube
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind
Dates & Locations
Important Range Host Info
Linden Gun Range – Course will be held at Linden Gun Range located at 828 S. Hewitt Rd. Linden, CA 95236
Contact: Christine at 209.887.3191 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Range fee: to be paid direct to the host before the beginning of the course via range fee link below.
Carbine & Handgun courses: $78/class
Vehicle Courses $94/class
***Before your class, use these links to complete the range waiver and pay range fees. Required to be done before class start date. Please contact the range directly for any problems or questions.****
Linden Gun Range Adult Liability Waiver: https://app.waiverforever.com/pending/rKS26RArcV1438651105
LGR Costa Ludus Range Fee Payment (also has a link to the Liability Waiver): Coming Soon.
Meal: Restaurants approximately 7-15 minutes from the range.
Recommended Lodging Areas:
Various options available in Ripon, Stockton, or Manteca.
(All areas are approximately 30 minutes / 25 miles from the range.)
Recommended Airports: (Each approximately 1hr to 1.5hrs from the range.)
Stockton Metropolitan Airport Stockton, CA (SCK)
Sacramento International Airport Sacramento, CA (SMF)
Oakland International Airport Oakland, CA (OAK)