Garrettsville, OH September 20 - September 22, 2019
SubGun (SG) Elements Theory Course Description
This course is designed to give the beginner, intermediate or advanced shooter the proper fundamentals when handling the wide variety of subguns out on the market today. Starting with mindset, the class focuses on the core fundamentals, acceptable accuracy under stress, and how to properly manipulate a subgun to achieve the maximum effectiveness from this platform.
- Life Safety Brief
- Proper gear selection and placement
- Establishing a proper zero for a pistol caliber round
- Considerations of red dots / lights
- 7 fundamentals (accuracy drills, axis and mechanics of recoil)
- Acceptable accuracy drills
- Balance of speed and accuracy
- Speed reloads/tactical reloads
- Movement Drills
- Improvised shooting positions
- Transitions Drills
Hardware – A functional SG chambered in 9mm, .40cal, .45 ACP or 5.7mm. If available, a spare weapon is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. A pistol suitable for transition drills with 3 magazines.
- 2,000 rounds of ammo
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Ear pro (electronic preferred)/eye pro
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Proper belt to support equipment
- SG magazine pouches, battle belt, or chest rig
- Sling for your SG
- Handgun and magazines
- Tools that work on your weapon
- A holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind
Dates & Locations
Important Range Host Info
Southington Hunt Club – Course will be held at Southington Hunt Club located at 10321 Silicia Sand Rd Garrettsville, OH 44231
Contact: Cheryl or Dale at 330.527.5706 Email: Dssouthington@aol.com
Range fee: $75/class to be paid direct to the host on the first day of class.
Ammo is available for purchase at the range. Please contact the host for details. Ammo restrictions: no tracer, no steel core, no armor piercing and black or green tip ammo.
Catered lunch will be available through the host for $14/ day (drink included)to be paid direct to the host. Contact the host directly to order 330.357.7895.
Holiday Inn Express 4185 State Rte 5 Newton Falls, OH 44444. 330.872.6000 (Approximately 7 miles/11 minutes from the range directly off the Ohio Turnpike.)
Hampton Inn/Suites 5581 Youngstown Warren Rd Niles, OH 44446. 330.652.1277 (Approximately 20 miles/25 minutes from the range)
Recommended Airport: Cleveland Hopkins or Canton Arron Airport (Each approximately 45 minutes from the range.)