Waxahachie, TX February 27 - February 29, 2024
Vehicle Course Description
**This course can be completed in any combination of handgun only; handgun & carbine; ** Recommended ammo counts for these configurations are listed in the equipment list below.
Vehicle will provide students with the knowledge to successfully demonstrate competence in worldly scenarios involving vehicles. This course will teach students proper weapon manipulation techniques for specific use in close proximity to vehicles. The primary focus of instruction will be to show how to successfully utilize handguns and carbines, both around and inside vehicles, and use these seemingly obtrusive objects to their advantage.
Requirements: Carbine 1 and Handgun 1 or similar.
Cost: $710. Price will be shown in cart.
- Life Safety Brief
- Proper gear selection and placement for vehicles
- Primary Weapons Zero
- Cover and Concealment around Vehicle
- Weapon Hand and Reaction hand Shooting around vehicles
- Primary weapon manipulation in and around vehicles
- Movement drills and improvised shooting positions around vehicles
- 2 man evac
- 4 man evac
- All 2 man & 4 man drills will be executed with pistol and carbine
- Technical shooting around other in the vehicle
Students provide their own ammo: 1600 rounds minimum. Multiple calibers may be used throughout this course. Drills can be modified to accommodate a lower round count. **Handgun Only (1,600 rounds of handgun ammo); **Handgun & Carbine (1,600 rounds total: 800 rounds of each handgun & carbine); **Handgun & PCC Pistol Caliber Carbine (1600 rounds total: 800 rounds handgun & 800 rounds PCC.)
Hardware – A functional and practical handgun chambered in 9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
A functional and practical carbine or battle rifle chambered in 5.56×45, 5.45×39, 300 Blackout, 7.62×39, 7.62×51. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Ear pro (electronic preferred) / Eye pro
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Proper belt to support equipment
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must.
- Carbine magazine pouches, Battle belt, or Chest rig
- Handgun (secondary weapon), magazines
- Tools that work on your weapon
- A holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Weapons lube
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind
Dates & Locations
Important Range Host Info
Course will be held at ETTS Gun Range 620 Greathouse Road Waxahachie, TX
Contact: Email: email@example.com
Range fee: $135/ 3-day class to be paid direct to the host the first day of class.
Range waiver required to be completed online: www.smartwaiver.com/v/ettsgunrange
Meals: On site meals are available. Sonic Drive-in approx. 8 miles from range; Waxahachie options are approximately 15 miles from the range. Please contact the host for more details.
Fairfield Inn & Suites 2020 Civic Center Ln. Waxahachie, TX 75165 (972)937-8886. (Approximately 15 miles from the range.)
Dallas/Fort Worth International (Approximately 56 miles from range.)
Dallas Love Field (Approximately 38 miles from the range.)
AMMO LIMITATIONS: STEEL CORE AND BI-METAL PROJECTILES ARE PROHIBITED.