Garrettsville, OH September 20 - September 22, 2021
Vehicle Elements Theory (VET) Course Description
**This course can be completed in any combination of handgun only; handgun & carbine; handgun & shotgun. ** Recommended ammo counts for these configurations are listed in the equipment list below.
Vehicle Elements Theory will provide students with the knowledge to successfully demonstrate competence in worldly scenarios involving vehicles. This course will teach students proper weapon manipulation techniques for specific use in close proximity to vehicles. The primary focus of instruction will be to show how to successfully utilize handguns and carbines, both around and inside vehicles, and use these seemingly obtrusive objects to their advantage.
Requirements: CET1 and HET1 or similar.
- Life Safety Brief
- Proper gear selection and placement for vehicles
- Primary Weapons Zero
- Cover and Concealment around Vehicle
- Weapon Hand and Reaction hand Shooting around vehicles
- Primary weapon manipulation in and around vehicles
- Movement drills and improvised shooting positions around vehicles
- 2 man evac
- 4 man evac
- All 2 man & 4 man drills will be executed with pistol and carbine
- Technical shooting around other in the vehicle
Students provide their own ammo: **Handgun Only (1,600 rounds of handgun ammo); **Handgun & Carbine (1,600 rounds total: 800 rounds of each handgun & carbine); **Handgun & Shotgun (1,600 rounds total: 1,100 rounds handgun & 400 rounds buckshot & 100 rounds slug.)
Hardware – A functional and practical handgun chambered in 9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
A functional and practical carbine or battle rifle chambered in 5.56×45, 5.45×39, 300 Blackout, 7.62×39, 7.62×51. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Ear pro (electronic preferred) / Eye pro
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Proper belt to support equipment
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must.
- Carbine magazine pouches, Battle belt, or Chest rig
- Handgun (secondary weapon), magazines
- Tools that work on your weapon
- A holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Weapons lube
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind
Dates & Locations
Newfoundland, PA October 1 - October 3, 2021
Important Range Host Info
Southington Hunt Club – Course will be held at Southington Hunt Club located at 10321 Silicia Sand Rd Garrettsville, OH 44231
Contact: Matt Stiner: 330.207.5847 or Cheryl Tieche: 330.357.7895
Range fee: $90/class for VET to be paid direct to the host on the first day of class.
Ammo restrictions: no tracer, no steel core, no armor piercing and black or green tip ammo. Please contact the host for details.
Catered lunch will be available through the host for $14/ day (drink included)to be paid direct to the host. Contact the host directly to order 330.357.7895.
Holiday Inn Express 4185 State Rte 5 Newton Falls, OH 44444. 330.872.6000 (Approximately 7 miles/11 minutes from the range directly off the Ohio Turnpike.)
Hampton Inn/Suites 5581 Youngstown Warren Rd Niles, OH 44446. 330.652.1277 (Approximately 20 miles/25 minutes from the range)
Recommended Airport: Cleveland Hopkins or Canton Arron Airport (Each approximately 45 minutes from the range.)
Important Range Host Info
Joe Savio (GST) – Course will be held at Double Eagle 332 RT447 Newfoundland, PA 18445
Contact: Joe at 732.245.7844 Email: email@example.com
Range fee: $60/ 3-day class to be paid direct to the host the first day of class.
Meals: Contact the host for more information.
Lodging: Please contact the host to reserve lodging at the Lodge on the range property.
Philadelphia International Airport (Approximately 2 hours from the range.)