Host: Christa Tidwell. Cell: 307-730-6183. Contact Christa direct for any questions about this course.
Contact Costa Ludus direct for any registration questions. Email (preferred): email@example.com or call 904.416.0454
Registration fee includes: lunch & range/supply fee.
This 1-Day Women’s Only Handgun course is designed to give the female shooter – whether beginner, intermediate or advanced shooter -the proper handgun fundamentals. Starting with mindset, the class focuses on the core foundation of safety, accuracy, understanding use of force and how to effectively balance speed and accuracy with proper weapon manipulation.
For more information about Costa Ludus and our courses, please check out our About Costa Ludus page: https://costaludus.com/about-costa-ludus/
Range & Supply fee is included in the course cost. Please let us know if you are range member.
Range Location: The course will be held 40 minutes south of Thayne at Coal Canyon Shooting Sports Facility, operated by the Western Wyoming Rifelman’s Association in Lincoln County, WY (http://www.wwra.us).
The class will arrive at the range at 7:45AM to plan for a 8:00AM start time. Class will end by 5:00PM.
Additional information will be sent out before the course date to confirm times, meeting location, etc.
Please contact Costa Ludus direct if you have any questions in the meantime. Email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Life Safety Brief
- Proper gear selection and placement
- 7 fundamentals (Accuracy Drills, Axis and Mechanics of Recoil)
- 3 Core Fundamentals
- Acceptable Accuracy Drills
- Balance of Speed and Accuracy
- Speed Reloads
- Use of Force and Deadly Force
Students provide their own ammo: 400rds Handgun ammo minimum.
Hardware – A functional and practical handgun chambered in 9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP. If available.. Tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a good idea. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Single stack drivers should have double.
- Note pad, and pen/pencil
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Ear pro (electronic preferred) / Eye pro
- Baseball style hat recommended
- Proper belt to support equipment
- Carbine magazine pouches, Battle belt, or Chest rig
- Handgun (secondary weapon), magazines
- Tools that work on your weapon
- A holster and magazine pouch that will retain equipment when moving
- Weapons lube
- Water hydrating device
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
- An open mind
Meals: Course cost includes catered lunch on the range. Costa Ludus is proud to have Artisan Chef (Chef Maggie) as part of our team for the 4th year preparing all of our culinary needs!!!
***Please let Costa Ludus know if there are any dietary restrictions to accommodate.***
Registration fees are to be paid in full at the time off registration to reserve the place in the course. For this 1-day women’s handgun course, all registration fees paid are non-refundable within 30 days of the course start date.
Class minimum 10 students, maximum 18 students.